• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Avengers 2 - Age Of Ultron
07-22-2013 08:51 AM
Dope Man .

Avengers 2 - Age Of Ultron
Also arrives in 2015.

Quote:Joss Whedon Says ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ Will Rewrite Ultron’s Origin

[Image: tumblr_mq9kz0JwiZ1qd2a02o1_1280.jpg]

Yesterday Joss Whedon introduced a short video at San Diego Comic Con that announced the full title for the Avengers sequel. Avengers: Age of Ultron will be released in 2015, and the name tells us that the malicious adamantium robot Ultron — a longtime Marvel Universe nemesis with many different incarnations — will play a major role.

A comic book storyline published earlier this year bears the same name, naturally leading many fans to expect that the movie will be an adaptation of that storyline. (A story which features prominent roles for characters Marvel Studios cannot use.) Turns out that the movie is really using the title and presence of Ultron, and possibly little more from that comic book story. Joss Whedon explains bel0w.

Movieweb spoke to Whedon, who explained that the fact that the film is using the title “Age of Ultron” shouldn’t be taken as proof that the movie will adapt the comic storyline of the same name, published earlier this year.

Well, because there was a book called ‘Age of Ultron’ quite recently, a lot of people have assumed that is what we’re doing, but that is not the case. We’re doing our own version of the origin story for Ultron. In the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. He’s not. We’re basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the wayside.

The likely assumption to make — which many people have already guessed — is that Tony Stark will end up creating Ultron, rather than Pym. Whedon didn’t confirm that supposition, but he does suggest it:

We’re crafting our own version of it where his origin comes more directly from The Avengers we already know about. It’s a little bit darker than the other film because Ultron is in the house. There’s a science fiction theme that wasn’t there in the other one. Ultron is definitely something that evolves, so we’re going to get together a couple of different iterations. Nothing can be translated exactly as it was from the comics; particularly Ultron.

That all helps explain how the film will deal with the Ant-Man question, as Hank Pym is the original Ant-Man. Since Edgar Wright’s Ant-Man is scheduled for release after Age of Ultron, we’d wondered how the character introductions would work. Wright’s film, we understand will feature both Pym and Scott Lang, the man who took up the Ant-Man identity after Pym. If Age of Ultron features a new origin for the title character, there’s no need to introduce Pym before Wright’s film gets the chance to do so. (Which doesn’t mean that Pym won’t appear first in the Avengers sequel — we don’t know much of what Marvel has planned here.)

Whedon also suggests that Hawkeye will have a much bigger role this time out, explaining ” Part of the fun for me, definitely this time around, is writing Hawkeye. He did get possessed pretty early by a bad guy and had to walk around all scowly for most of the movie so now it’s nice to actually have the character there and see him interact with the other guys.”

Avengers: Age of Ultron is set for release on May 1, 2015. Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, and Mark Ruffalo are all expected to return.

[Image: tumblr_oivj3nkw851r7sijxo1_500.gif]
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2013 11:33 AM
louie Above The Clouds

RE: Avengers 2 - Age Of Ultron
As much as I love Ultron I am quite disappointed that Thanos isn't the villain. I'd guess that Thanos will have a slight roll as "puppet master" but Ultron will play "main baddie."

The Age of Ultron comic series was great, so I have high hopes even though its not a DIRECT lift.

I was going to say that Edgar Wright better hurry up with the Ant-Man movie as Hank Pym created Ultron, but I guess they're going with one of the Avengers creating him (Stark most likely... fucked up Jarvis a.i.?)

[Image: bVNt7zr.gif]
07-22-2013 03:14 PM
Dope Man .

Age of Ultron mini-series was rushed, but Ultron is a great choice for a baddie.

The Vision should also be featured into A2.

Angela is on her way, this might be better then AOU series.

[Image: tumblr_molz1otVsQ1qdxlfoo1_1280.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-22-2013 07:27 PM by Dope Man.)
03-13-2014 11:07 AM
Dope Man .

03-20-2014 02:42 AM
Specter Above The Clouds

[Image: 25khpw3.jpg]
[Image: 29535lh.jpg]
[Image: 20zpqhw.jpg]
[Image: kcgmdz.jpg]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imtCIDsNVEI

[Image: 21mzxw6.jpg]
"I know who I am. And after all these years, there's a victory in that."
-Rust
03-20-2014 12:20 PM
louie Above The Clouds

I'm going out on a limb and saying that Marvels (Avengers 2) portrayal of Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch will be better than Fox's (X-Men 2).

They're the only characters that crossover studios. Its going to be weird.

[Image: DnXShSd.png]

also, I love that the concept art (and this leaked set photo)

[Image: c8ccf7315360348.jpg]

confirms that Starks "Hulkbuster" will be in this. Awesome.
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2014 12:21 PM by louie.)
03-20-2014 12:27 PM
Dope Man .

Hulk-buster hacked by Ultron.

Pukka pie-chart, so Marvel sold off baddies as well (Spidey-verse is going to expand with Sinister Six spin-offs)

Quote:‘Spider-Man’ Producers Reveal Spinoff Movie Details

With the first “Amazing Spider-Man” grossing $752 million worldwide and the follow-up swinging into theaters on May 2, it’s high time that we learned more about the growing franchise.

After recently confirming the two upcoming still-undated spin-offs, producers Matt Tolmach and Avi Arad discussed the Venom and Sinister Six sequels with SFX earlier this week.

Tolmach hinted that the villains will be walking a fine line between goodie-baddie.

“Obviously questions of traditional hero/villain dynamics have to be looked at,” he said. “It’s an awesome challenge because some of the greatest characters are in fact villains, and how you construct that is so much fun. People love those bad characters if they’re good bad characters, and love to watch them. And nobody’s all good, nobody’s all bad.”

In fact, Arad said Venom’s moral ambiguousness makes him the ideal adversary for Spider-Man.

“Venom hated only one guy – Spider-Man,” Arad told SFX. ”He wasn’t innately bad, he was a shortcut guy, not really into fighting hard for achievement. That’s the Venom story. Can he also be a good guy? As you know, Venom was also called ‘lethal defender of the innocent.’ We had a great history with him, especially caring for the homeless, which is a very sensitive issue and something that many of us are very concerned with. Our villains all represent a different side of the misunderstood, and some of them unfortunately turned to the dark side.”

While Drew Goddard is writing The Sinister Six movie, Alex Kurtzman, Roberto Orci and Jeff Pinker are penning the Venom film.
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2014 12:51 PM by Dope Man.)
03-20-2014 04:07 PM
louie Above The Clouds

They own the rights to every character in the comics (obviously), but I believe they sold the rights to a lot of them years ago, to be used in movies and TV. This was way before "Marvel Studios", so I don't think they understood the value of what they were letting go.

Daredevil recently reverted back to them. Fantastic Four ALMOST did, but FOX announced a reboot. I believe the contract says that if a motion picture isn't made every 5 (?) years, the character rights go back to Marvel. I'm probably making the details up, but you get me.

Spidey was very close to coming back to Marvel, but Sony rebooted it just in time. Spider-Man 3 was made in 2007, they rebooted the franchise in 2012. That was one of the many reasons I was fucking pissed off and wanted to boycott it.
07-17-2014 09:37 AM
Dope Man .

[Image: EW1321-1322-Ultron.jpg]

Quote:We also find out that Tony Stark himself is the creator of Ultron -- a departure from the character's comic book origins -- building the robot and constructing the program so he doesn't have to put on Iron Man's suit any longer. He also thinks his creation will give his fellow Avengers a bit of rest.

Ultron, though, decides he has plans of his own and targets humanity as Earth's biggest enemy. "Ultron sees the big picture, and he goes, ‘Okay, we need radical change, which will be violent and appalling, in order to make everything better’; he’s not just going ‘Mwahaha, soon I’ll rule!'" said director Joss Whedon. "He’s on a mission. He wants to save us."

-------------

Cyberman

[Image: ultron-avengers-2-il-1_zps0e68e642.jpg]

Quote:Marvel's Kevin Feige Discusses Avengers Tower and Hulkbuster Armour in Age of Ultron

By Chris TillyKevin Feige has been talking about Avengers: Age of Ultron, explaining that Tony Stark is bankrolling the team in the superhero sequel, alongside revealing the new Avengers Tower features not one, but two bars, and stating the film’s Hulkbuster sequence will be “Amazing.”

The Marvel Studios supremo was in London to screen 17-minutes of Guardians of the Galaxy as well as some behind-the-scenes footage from Avengers 2.

The two-minute reel didn’t give much away, but did underline the fact that the team will be globe-trotting on this next adventure, hitting the UK, Italy and South Africa.

One thing it did feature was writer-director Joss Whedon talking about creating Avengers Tower for the movie, so we asked Feige for more details about the building post-screening...

BEWARE OF SPOILERS FOR PREVIOUS MARVEL MOVIES AHEAD

“Last time we saw Stark Tower, from The Avengers, it had gotten beat up a little bit thanks to Hulk and thanks to Loki and the Chituari, and Pepper and Tony were standing over a table looking at plans” he explained. “That’s where we pulled out and all the letters had fallen away except the ‘A’ in Stark. So what they were doing was retro-fitting for The Avengers. And that’s what we see in this next film.

“S.H.I.E.L.D. is gone – for people who are following along. S.H.I.E.L.D. was disbanded and brought down at the end of The Winter Soldier because it turned out to not be the best organisation ever. So Tony’s bank-rolling The Avengers now. And he’s bank-rolling their headquarters. So it’s now Avengers Tower.

“Tony designed it so in addition to a hanger for a brand-new Quinjet, laboratories, places where he can build and store his Iron Man suits, there are I believe two bars. Beautiful multiple space living rooms which are perfect for parties and social gatherings. But it’s a primary location in the film this time around.”
Hulkbuster

An early pre-production sketch for Avengers: Age of Ultron.

We also saw a brief pre-visualisation of Tony Stark in his Hulkbuster armour, going toe-to-toe with The Green Goliath. It very much played like a moving version of the above sketch, but we followed up with Feige to find out if this scene would be the movie’s money shot.

“There are a lot of scenes that you should be getting excited about” he explained. “That is certainly one of them. I think I said a long time ago when Joss [Whedon] first did his six-page or 10-page outline for Avengers, there was a lot of work and the movie’s adapted quite a bit since then, but there were like six or seven signature things just in that. I said ‘Joss, even if we don’t do anything else. Just do these seven things, that’s enough for the movie. Now let’s get to work and put it all together.’ Those things are in the movie and are amazing, of which that sequence is one.”

So sounds like there’s lots to be excited about on the Avengers front. Before then we’ve got Guardians of the Galaxy however, and you’ll be able to read our full interview with Feige on that front closer to the film’s release.

---------------------

Quote:AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Preview Footage Teases Hulk vs. Iron Man Fight and Avengers Tower

avengers-age-of-ultron-footage-description

Though we’ve learned to expect the unexpected when it comes to Marvel’s Hall H panels at San Diego Comic-Con, there will be 5,000 very, very angry fans if the studio doesn’t show anything from Avengers: Age of Ultron next weekend. Last year Marvel showed a reel of incredibly impressive footage from Guardians of the Galaxy even though they had only been shooting for a week, so given that Avengers 2 is towards the tail end of its production schedule, it’s a safe bet that we’ll see something from Joss Whedon’s highly anticipated sequel.

But it won’t be the first time that footage from the pic has been screened. Recently over in the UK, Marvel showed off a short reel from Age of Ultron. A writeup of what was shown has now landed online, giving fans a tiny glimpse at what to expect from the follow-up. More after the jump.

avengers-age-of-ultron-iron-man-hulk-concept-artThe folks over at Radio Times got a glimpse at some early footage from the Avengers sequel, saying they were able to see Tony Stark’s (Robert Downey Jr.) Hulkbuster armor being put to good use in a skirmish with Mark Ruffalo’s Hulk. They were also privy to some footage of new additions Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver:

Also sighted were new brother sister duo Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) and Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor-Johnson). Scarlet has mysterious reality warping powers (in the footage this mostly involved making some blocks float around) while Quicksilver can run really, really fast (although without the special effects, it was more of a light jog).

avengers-age-of-ultron-scarlet-witch-concept-artFootage from later in the film saw Scarlet Witch fighting alongside Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) even though she and her brother were initially antagonists to the Avengers, so one imagines a turn of some sort takes place. Additionally, Avengers Tower was revealed:

Designed by Tony Stark out of the ruins of his New York penthouse, this has all mod cons: floor to ceiling windows, twin laboratories for Stark and Bruce Banner, and parking for supersonic jets. It’s reminiscent of the SHIELD helicarrier in terms of construction, with lots of shiny metal pillars

The report also notes that while The Avengers took place mostly in New York, the follow-up sees the titular heroes trotting the globe in order to fight the robot Ultron (James Spader), jetting to Italy, South Korea, and South Africa.

Marvel boss Kevin Feige told those in attendance at the footage preview that it may not ever be screened again, meaning this might not be exactly what Marvel plans to show fans at Comic-Con. Regardless, be sure to keep an eye on Collider next Saturday night for our full recap of the Hall H panel.
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2014 09:54 AM by Dope Man.)
07-17-2014 01:55 PM
louie Above The Clouds

can't fucking wait.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Avengers: Infinity War Dope Man 3 1,123 07-25-2017 02:04 PM
Last Post: Dope Man
  The Avengers Bison 94 15,065 01-15-2013 04:36 PM
Last Post: louie