Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Eminem - Kamikaze Discussion
09-22-2018 06:15 PM
Dope Man .

RE: Eminem - Kamikaze Discussion
Em' disses back critics who trashed his new album with full page ad...

[Image: 5ba4ffb191ff6dc3158b4569-750-1000.jpg]

Quote:Eminem took out a full-page ad to diss music critics who panned his new album

Eminem and his labels took out a print ad in The Hollywood Reporter's magazine to diss the music critics who panned his latest album, "Kamikaze."

THR's editorial director, Matt Belloni, tweeted an image of the ad on Thursday and asked whether it constituted "the print equivalent of a diss track."

The ad has text superimposed over the album's artwork and is designed to look like an Oscar-campaign ad, but it reads "Not for your consideration!"

The surprise-released "Kamikaze" debuted at No. 1 in 103 countries in August but didn't get great reviews.

Fresh off a viral YouTube diss track, Eminem is trying his hand at dissing people the old-fashioned way: by taking out full-page print ads.

Eminem and his labels — Shady Records, Aftermath Entertainment, and Interscope — took out a printed ad in the latest issue of The Hollywood Reporter's magazine to diss the music critics who panned his new album, "Kamikaze."

It features quotes from negative reviews, including one from THR, which called the album "the work of an aging artist trying, and failing, to remain relevant." It notes that "Kamikaze" debuted at No. 1 in 103 countries in August and concludes with the words "Thanks for the support, a**holes!"

Eminem's ad in The Hollywood Reporter's magazine. Twitter/@THRMattBelloni

"Kamikaze" has a 62% critical rating on Metacritic, an improvement on the 50% rating for his 2017 album, "Revival," whose critics he blasted in multiple tracks on "Kamikaze."

[Image: tumblr_oivj3nkw851r7sijxo1_500.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2018 06:36 PM by Dope Man.)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2018 08:00 PM
HCS O.G.

I bought the album based on what I read online. It's dope.

Not all tracks are great which is mainly due to the hooks, but the rapping is straight fire.

Yes some of the disses are a bit immature but I do t remember Eminem being any different when he was at his best.
11-04-2018 09:47 AM
BEAST Boss

i used to like Eminem a long time ago but he is just irritating now. His screeching voice annoys me and when he "goes in" he just sounds like he is having a nervous breakdown.

ya figgadeal me?

Good coz if you fucking dont then i'll peel off your fucking shell like a fucking orange.
11-04-2018 06:59 PM
Dope Man .

Em is a producer of new battle rap film 'Bodied' , it's getting rave reviews -

Quote:Words are weapons in the world’s most brutal lyrical sport. Produced by Eminem and directed by Joseph Kahn, one of the biggest music video directors of all time (from Wu Tang Clan to Taylor Swift), “Bodied” is a go-for-the-jugular, hilarious look inside the competitive world of rap battles. Berkeley grad student Adam Merkin (Calum Worthy; “American Vandal,” “Austin & Ally”) gets sucked into the game after meeting icon Behn Grym (Jackie Long; BET’s “Real Husbands of Hollywood”) and accidentally competing in—and winning—his first battle. Rising through the ranks of the battle scene with his provocative insults, Adam alienates his academic buddies, uptight girlfriend, and literary professor father (Anthony Michael Hall).
11-11-2018 05:05 PM
BEAST Boss

I've done an adhoc battle with one of the rappers who is on the film. Tony Madness.

Yes I am looking forward to watching this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Eminem Thread vega 1 1,232 09-03-2018 09:45 PM
Last Post: vega
  Beats by Dre Party - Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, Cypress Hill, Geto Boys, Nas, Eminem and more Dope Man 0 723 12-01-2015 02:50 PM
Last Post: Dope Man
  50 Cent - My Life ft. Eminem, Adam Levine Dope Man 0 800 12-04-2012 06:23 PM
  Blacastan - Master Builder 2 (videos/tracks/discussion) vega 0 961 01-23-2012 08:49 PM
Last Post: vega
  Eminem - Love The Way You Lie (Nazi Remix) Dope Man 0 1,306 07-14-2011 08:54 PM