Classic
Dope
Decent
Whack
Garbage
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Murs and 9th Wonder - The Final Adventure (2012)
12-09-2012 10:17 PM
vega Vegatollah Kheomini

Murs and 9th Wonder - The Final Adventure (2012)
[Image: 2_09_12_12_9_28_49.jpeg]

Murs and 9th Wonder - The Final Adventure

Release Date: 11-13-12

Support:Amazon / UGHH

Tracklist:
Quote:1. Get Together (feat. Rapsody)
2. Dance With Me
3. Whatuptho
4. Holding Hands
5. Walk Like A Woman
6. Tale of Two Cities
7. Funeral For A Killer
8. Better Way
9. Wherever You Are
10. It’s Over
11. Wait For Someone (iTunes Bonus)
12. Tale of Two Cities (Remix) (iTunes Bonus)

When you have 4 albums in the bag it makes you wonder if a MC/Producer team still have what it takes to put out a quality release. Is it more of the same? Is it no longer inspiring? Are the sounds and lyrics bland? Or has the group maintained exactly what made them great in the 1st place? I must say, on their 5th album 9th Wonder and Murs haven't lost their touch. The album although short with just 10 tracks (2 bonus tracks via iTunes) it leaves a lasting impression.

Murs proves once again that he's one of the best lyricist's in the game and when he's teamed up with one of the most talented producers there is you have the recipe for greatness. Right from the jump Rapsody tears it up and shows why she's the only feature on the album, which it's also nice when an MC focus's more on himself rather having a feature flooded album. The songs sound very personal specifically when Murs speaks about his personal relationships with friends, women, and family. He paints an incredibly vivid picture of the streets and life in the wild West and often times you feel like you're right there ridin' with him.

Funeral For A Killer, Whatuptho, Tale Of Two Cities, and It's Over really show off the albums tightness. The duo cooked up another great album and have remained consistent since 3:16, it's unfortunate this could be their last album together but the outcome of their work has been appreciated. This album gets a major co-sign from me and is a strong contender for one of the best hip-hop albums of 2012.

(4/5) I give this album 4 out of 5 Gawdbless's

CasCasCasCas

-Vega (http://www.thecryptonline.com)

[Image: 2_23_02_14_6_10_46.jpeg]
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2012 10:25 PM by vega.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Masta Killa - Selling My Soul (2012) vega 3 1,599 05-20-2013 06:07 AM
Last Post: King_Charles
  Roc Marciano - Reloaded (2012) vega 0 1,116 12-25-2012 05:19 AM
Last Post: vega