Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Star Wars
03-20-2017 10:41 AM
louie Above The Clouds

RE: Star Wars
I actually fucking loved how quickly the fight was over. I haven't looked but I assume there's fucking dickheads online complaining about it. They nailed Obi-Wan. Great ep.

[Image: bVNt7zr.gif]
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2017 02:18 PM
Dope Man .

Mixed reactions out there.

After such a long hunt, maybe people were expecting a marathon fight like the Ben/Anakin Mustafar one.
They did that dance already in Phantom.

Sand-people ambush, surprise! They get you every-time, haha.

---------

Quote:Lmao Maul went out like a bitch

Quote:Maul never stood a chance. Spend months chasing someone to die in 5 seconds brehs.

Quote:Maul looked drained and was in Obi-Wan domain. Maul would have had a chance if he was 100%

Quote:They clowning over there at LucasFilm:

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/843266031384588288

Quote:I got dudes who never watched Rebels asking me what's up with Maul getting played

Quote:it's official then. obi wan deffo took a dive against vader. dude spent all them years in the desert honing his powers and connection to the force with qui-gon

Quote:that dive was confirmed 40 years ago .... there was no body... he did what he had to do to get Luke on the path

Quote:Amazing episode, too bad Maul's death was visually Disneyfied.

9.9 off that, the rest was perfect.

Edit: on a rewatch I can see smoke coming from Maul's body, but they did a damn close up on him and nothing showed Obi touched him. So sticking to 9.9 for that.

Quote:Obi-Wan now seems to believe that Luke is in fact the Chosen One, not Anakin. Though perhaps he changed his mind again following the events of ROTJ.

That's a tiny footnote, and relatively meaningless

Quote:The dual felt rushed. But I guess I dont know what to expect from two old ass geezers. Nothing was really gained lore-wise from that episode. Just a way to move Maul out of the story.

Also - Ive never understood the logic for Maul wanting to kill Kenobi. I get that Kenobi killed him in Ep I , but after Maul realized he was just a tool or pawn for Palpatine, I would think he'd have bigger fish to fry. Maybe realize Kenobi was not really his enemy.

EDIT- I originally didnt like the episode much, but after watching Rebels Recon and reconsidering, it made me like it more.

Quote:I think Maul knows he can't get close to Palps after that beat down and he's clinging to any type of score settling.

Quote:Is Obi Wan top 3 Jedi all time?

Quote:It's a cartoon, Kenobi filleted him

Quote:Nah it made sense for the Maul fight to go like it did, he was a broken man and I think deep down he wanted Obi-Wan to release him from his torment.

Obi-Wan clearly more in tune with the force now more than ever and dude try rushing in like he's peak Maul, was only going to go one way.

Great episode though the voice actor for Obi-Wan killed it, really did sound like McGuinness, the ending was dope too.
Quote: I think people also forget that Obi-Wan was a padawan when he first went up against Maul. He obviously improved and became far more skillful and powerful over the last 20 - 30 years. At this stage he was truly a master.

[Image: tumblr_oivj3nkw851r7sijxo1_500.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2017 08:15 AM by Dope Man.)
03-20-2017 07:27 PM
Dope Man .

ANH 2 Years Off:

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/...2360072193

Quote:Star Wars Rebels twin suns featuring the epic duel between Maul and Obi-Wan Kenobi that fans have waited literally years to see. In this video we analyze the duel answering why it was the way it was and the lightsaber moves and sequences involved, we also analyze the factors that made the duel so shocking and one fans will not soon forge

Quote:Maul and Obi-Wan finally face off on Tatooine!
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2017 08:14 AM by Dope Man.)
03-21-2017 04:44 PM
Dope Man .

1,2,3..slice!

[Image: tumblr_on2wwnI6iC1smw5dno1_500.gif]

Quote:Star Wars: Mark Hamill Shares What May Be First-Ever Photo of Luke Skywalker

Taken during the first day of filming for A New Hope.

By Alex Osborn Mark Hamill has revealed what could very well be the first photo ever taken of him as Luke Skywalker.

The actor shared the photo in a post on Twitter, which was taken during the first day of filming for Star Wars: Episode IV -- A New Hope. Alongside the photo he said, "Taken in Tunisia early morning Day
waiting for my 1st shot (emerging from home for robot auction)-Perhaps the very 1st."

[Image: hamill-luke-1489947018690_610w.jpg]

Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker on the set of A New Hope, via Hamill on Twitter

Hamill reprises his role as Skywalker in Episode VIII, which is officially titled Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Find out what the actor had to say about the upcoming film's thought-provoking subtitle, as well as why he didn't initially want to return as Luke for The Force Awakens.

Earlier this year, Hamill discussed the "brutal" response garnered George Lucas' prequel trilogy and defended Jake Lloyd for his performance as young Anakin Skywalker.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2017 04:54 PM by Dope Man.)
03-22-2017 03:41 AM
MF STORM Above The Clouds

Billy Dee Williams slated for Celebration...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Star Trek III: Beyond Dope Man 0 242 12-17-2015 05:13 PM
Last Post: Dope Man
  New Fist Of The North Star Dope Man 3 425 01-30-2015 10:35 AM
  Star Trek II (Into Darkness) Dope Man 23 2,578 06-03-2013 08:35 AM
Last Post: louie
  Star Trek: Into Darkness vega 2 616 12-09-2012 08:32 AM
Last Post: louie
  Do you think there will ever be another live action Star Wars movie? Basik 10 1,368 06-24-2010 08:13 PM