Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Star Wars
04-16-2017 04:11 AM
MF STORM Above The Clouds

RE: Star Wars
Man I traded Battlefront in a while back and have been having an itch to get it, cause I switched consoles really, so hyped for the new one!
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2017 04:41 AM

and yesterday..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foCzcHWUf-8
04-20-2017 08:38 AM
louie Above The Clouds

I forgot to give my opinion on the Last Jedi teaser. It looks good, seems like they're keeping the tone of the last one. I know Johnson will make it feel slightly different and unique though, he's a smart director.

People are talking about Luke saying "the Jedi must end" like its a big shocking thing. They shouldn't be too shocked by it. Last we saw Luke, he wasn't down with the old Jedi ways. He wore black. Force choked gamorreans. Ignored the "sage" advice of two old masters who wanted him to fucking murder his own father! He's read the history, spoken to Yoda. He knows why the old ways failed. Shit, he probably based his acedemy on the ancient Jedi ways and look how that worked out. I think he feels they need a different approach to beat this new threat. A new kind of Jedi.

I really hope they delve into George's old "Journal of the Whills". Maybe thats what Luke has been searching for.

[Image: bVNt7zr.gif]
04-21-2017 01:30 AM

(04-20-2017 08:38 AM)louie Wrote:  People are talking about Luke saying "the Jedi must end" like its a big shocking thing. They shouldn't be too shocked by it. Last we saw Luke, he wasn't down with the old Jedi ways. He wore black. Force choked gamorreans. Ignored the "sage" advice of two old masters who wanted him to fucking murder his own father! He's read the history, spoken to Yoda. He knows why the old ways failed. Shit, he probably based his academy on the ancient Jedi ways and look how that worked out. I think he feels they need a different approach to beat this new threat. A new kind of Jedi.

I think it's just something to do with a conversation they're having, and Luke playing like he don't know shit bout the force-much like Yoda did. Though I always felt for this shit to end, it would have to be with no Jedi or Sith left at all, which is truely how Anakin would bring Balance to the Force-which Rey sees in the vision it sounds-through possibly his grandchildren (Kylo definitely, maybe Rey?) thus fulfilling the ancient Jedi prophecy they talk about in the prequels.

Poster only has Luke, Rey and Kylo on it... Just saying.
04-23-2017 05:02 AM

Sith No One Knew Existed=SNOKE?
Yesterday 10:50 AM
Dope Man .

[Image: 11wx67vdvjvy.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_oivj3nkw851r7sijxo1_500.gif]
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 04:20 PM by Dope Man.)
Today 03:00 AM

There's levels of being into Star Wars I think.

The casuals-pop hyped kids AND adults jumping on the bandwagon. I literally had an adult tell me their favorite SW movie is Rogue One, not an original trilogy flick but the one leading into em. Fuckouttahere.

The prequel kids who got into it when Lucas rebooted the shit in 99 who really like those movies. I know some kids who prefer those over the originals.

The die-hards who are into every aspect of the expanded universe from the cartoons to the books to the videogames/toys and beyond. These tend to be critical of the alot of shit throughout the universe but love the same shit they criticize whether it's a re-dub of Vader in Empire, or who shot first ya know.

Then the adults who have been in it their entire lives from when they were teens-who I think that sign is probably applying to that type of fan.

And people like me who have had this shit of the original trilogy in my diapers. Literally my parents only ever let me watch a new hope as a baby and shit for years, and when I found out there was a sequel I lost my mind. [/align]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Star Trek III: Beyond Dope Man 0 264 12-17-2015 05:13 PM
Last Post: Dope Man
  New Fist Of The North Star Dope Man 3 452 01-30-2015 10:35 AM
  Star Trek II (Into Darkness) Dope Man 23 2,702 06-03-2013 08:35 AM
Last Post: louie
  Star Trek: Into Darkness vega 2 638 12-09-2012 08:32 AM
Last Post: louie
  Do you think there will ever be another live action Star Wars movie? Basik 10 1,400 06-24-2010 08:13 PM