Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Top 10 Worst CGI Movie Effects
03-02-2017 09:16 PM
Dope Man .

Top 10 Worst CGI Movie Effects

Quote:Entries and Rank:
#10. Agent Smith Battle “The Matrix Reloaded” (2003)
#9. Dark Seekers “I Am Legend” (2007)
#8. Deer Attack “The Ring Two” (2005)
#7. Monkeying Around “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”
#6. Brontosaurus Stampede “King Kong” (2005)
#5. Surfs Up “Die Another Day” (2002)
#4. Motorbike Chase “Ultraviolet” (2006)
#3. Along came a Spider
#2. Catwoman
#1. Scorpion King

[Image: tumblr_oivj3nkw851r7sijxo1_500.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2017 09:16 PM by Dope Man.)
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
03-09-2017 01:35 PM
louie Above The Clouds

RE: Top 10 Worst CGI Movie Effects
I agree with number 1.

I do NOT agree with the Agent Smith fight in Matrix Reloaded. I believe its known as the Burly Brawl. At the time it was fucking groundbreaking, technically and visually. I still love how ridiculously over the top it is. I love it. It also works for me because its set in a virtual world, so it doesn't HAVE to be super-realistic.

Its shocking that the dumb-ass fight from Blade 2 isn't in there. The one in front of all the spotlights. Absolutely terrible.

[Image: bVNt7zr.gif]
03-13-2017 03:07 AM
MF STORM Above The Clouds

Agent Smith battle shouldn't be on there, just lots of post first Matrix haters out there
03-13-2017 01:39 PM
louie Above The Clouds

There is.

I regard them as mind-bending bollucks.
03-17-2017 04:14 AM

Outside of the cringe inducing rave scene, I enjoy them. Oh and that one dude's "I believe" line, other than that they're enjoyable.

Heard on radio today they're rebooting/restarting the franchise. I don't know what the fuck is going on.
03-17-2017 11:53 AM
louie Above The Clouds

Yeah, retarded. Leave it alone. Whatever you think about it, its pretty unique and deserves to be untouched for a while.
03-17-2017 01:14 PM
Dope Man .

As Tarantino mentioned before, the sequels damaged it's rep (Animatrix was dope though).

Quote:New Matrix Movie In The Works

Despite its seemingly untouchable status (even given the disappointment of the sequels), rumours about movement on a new movie based on The Matrix have crackled around the wires for years. Now, according to The Hollywood Reporter, there is some forward movement, with Warner Bros. starting talks with writer Zak Penn to create a treatment.

At the moment, that's all that is happening – despite the trade mag's sources bringing word that Michael B. Jordan is the focus of chatter about a potential new leading man, nothing has been decided beyond working up some fresh ideas. And the shape of this thing is still embryonic, with no sign yet as to if it will attempt to reboot the universe or set up more sequels in the same world.

Siblings Lana and Lilly Wachowski, who created the original trilogy, are currently not involved; nor is Keanu Reeves, who was turned into an action icon through the story of a man discovering that the world is a computer-generated illusion wrought by machines to keep an enslaved human populace docile as they're used for energy. The combination of cutting-edge special effects, martial arts and philosophy became a sensation back in 1999, spawning the back-to back sequels Reloaded and Revolutions. The studio would at least want the Wachowskis to give their blessing. And while we're sure it would be delighted for Reeves – still kicking ass, albeit as John Wick – to return, he's said he'd only consider it if they were on board.

So for now, this will bubble away in development as various spin-off options are considered. Though Warners had been looking at a Matrix-based TV series recently, that idea is on hold while the film version is developed. Will anything happen this time? We'll see...

------------------

The corny dance even has it own defending simps -

Quote:Why do geeks hate the rave scene in Matrix II?

For me, the rave scene was great. The movie would have been even worse without it.

The scene represents humanity, a beleagured and nearly extinct humanity. It's humanity at its most reckless and youthful stage, humans engaged in wild, primitive, and raw sexual dancing, humans dirty with mud from the caves gyrating to primitive but hypnotic beats, vulnerable to the ambiance of the party and their situation under ground.

It's humans inspired by a great speech to celebrate what makes humans human. This may be the last time they can dance like this, this may be the last time they can celebrate what makes them so peculiar and odd in a world of robots and virtual reality. The architect labels the inhabitants of Zion as aberations, the 1% for whom the code was incompatible; this scene is a celebration of that fact.

It is offset by the relentless precision of the machines, their singular drive to destroy Zion, their unemotional quest to destroy any semblance of humanity in the heretofore tolerated Zion. Cold, steal, mechanical- the machines are precisely the opposite of the dancing humans in Zion. They have a single purpose and nothing can deviate them from that purpose. They are not vulnerable to emotion, sympathy, respect, tradition, or religion; they are quintessentially un-human in every regard.

And so, I wonder why geeks hate the scene so much? To me it was one of the most powerful scenes in the entire franchise. Despite the fact that everyone in the cave was a twenty/thirty something (conveniently explained away earlier), the scene showed that despite the crushing totalitarianism of the machines, the human spirit lived on, beneath the earth.

I believe that was the intention of the Wachowski brothers anyway, and I think a lot of you have misinterpreted it.

"The machine world is descending on Zion. We face elimination and extinction. We are the last of our kind, and the apocalypse is near. Fuck it. Let's dance!"
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2017 03:02 PM by Dope Man.)
03-18-2017 03:38 AM

I hate that scene cause it's too long.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  50 Greatest Superhero Movie Performances of All Time Dope Man 0 25 03-02-2017 06:53 PM
Last Post: Dope Man
  Woody Harrelson Dishes On His "Criminal" Character In Upcoming HAN SOLO Movie BigMel 6 78 01-18-2017 10:53 AM
Last Post: louie
  SLEEPLESS Trailer (2017) Jamie Foxx Action Movie HD BigMel 0 31 01-15-2017 10:29 PM
Last Post: BigMel
  Randomness (Movie Edition) louie 3 432 01-14-2015 03:36 AM
Last Post: MF STORM
  Top Five (Chris Rock) Dope Man 0 254 12-23-2014 12:30 AM
Last Post: Dope Man