Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
You're Dead Thread
10-19-2012 08:44 AM
Specter Above The Clouds

RE: You're Dead Thread
[Image: 2vtxeer.jpg]

Erotic film starlet and

Quote:"Dutch actress Sylvia Kristel, who starred as softcore icon Emmannuelle long before Krista Allen bravely took the character to space, died in her sleep Wednesday night after a years-long battle with cancer. She was 60.

Kristel began her career as a model before getting her big acting/sexing break in French director Just Jaeckin's Emmanuelle, an erotic drama that would become a massive, number-one hit in its native land. The film's popularity in France led to its distribution abroad, allowing audiences around the world to experience the film's non-visually-penetrative sexual encounters, often while their parents were still at work or asleep. That further success would lead to Kristel starring in several sequels--including Emmanuelle's Magic, Emmanuelle's Revenge, Emmanuelle's Perfume, and most-recently, in 1993, the less evocative Emmanuelle VI--and her filming other sexy times like Private Lessons, The Nude Bomb, and Jaeckin's adaptation of Lady Chatterley's Lover. It also led to something of a softcore boom, influencing the creation of films that would give Cinemax the entirety of its late night content for years to come. May whatever necessary tribute that channel comes up with be more tasteful than the variant take on "pouring one out" libations you're thinking of right now."

'Emmanuelle' Star Sylvia Kristel Dies at 60 | I Watch Stuff

I know, somewhere there's an unedited version of that series which will eventually come to light and when they do it'll be a glorious day. But until then I'll have to download some of her other...eh..films? I've already seen Private Lessons but not the rest.

R.I.P.

[Image: 21mzxw6.jpg]
"I know who I am. And after all these years, there's a victory in that."
-Rust
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2012 04:43 PM
bbomber Shogun

RIP Emanuel Steward a true boxing icon. He will always be remembered as the head of Kronk Gym in Detroit and for being the trainer of the Motorcity Cobra Tommy the Hitman Hearns. Great boxing analyst and a huge proponent of being on the offensive at all times. Boxing took a major loss today.

Friends: Detroit boxing icon Emanuel Steward has died | Other Sports | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Where you are in life is exactly where you want to be
10-25-2012 08:38 PM
vega Vegatollah Kheomini

RIP Emanuel you and your shitty commentary will be missed, I'll never forget such classic insight as, "he needs to start punching if he wants to win this fight".

[Image: 2_23_02_14_6_10_46.jpeg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10-26-2012 09:10 AM
louie Above The Clouds

RIP Emanuel Steward. One of the greatest, if not THE greatest trainer there was.

[Image: bVNt7zr.gif]
12-23-2012 10:01 PM
vega Vegatollah Kheomini

Quote:Ministry guitarist Mike Scaccia dead at 47

Guitarist Mike Scaccia, known for his work with Ministry, Rigor Mortis and the Revolting Cocks, has died after suffering a seizure on stage. He was 47.

He was performing at the Rail Club in Fort Worth, Texas, last night with Rigor Mortis, and collapsed during the show. He was taken to hospital while a band member is reported to have told fans: “It doesn’t look good.” He died soon afterwards.

Vocalist Bruce Corbitt, who’d put on the event to celebrate his 50th birthday, posted on Facebook: “My brother is gone! The only reason I am who I am is because of this man. If it wasn’t for him I wouldn’t even be in a band. RIP Mike – the greatest guitar player I ever knew. I’m proud to say that I was always Mike Scaccia’s biggest fan, and always will be.”

The guitarist co-formed Rigor Mortis in 1983 and they released their acclaimed debut self-titled album six years later. He was invited to join Ministry as a touring member by mainman Al Jourgensen in 1990. The tour went so well that he joined the industrial metal pioneers permanently. Scaccia appeared on Ministry’s Psalm 69 and Filth Pig albums before leaving the band.

He reformed Rigor Mortis in 2003 and went back to Ministry around the same time, where he’d remained since. He’d also performed with RevCo in recent years.

Earlier this year Scaccia discussed his relationship with Jourgensen, telling Westword: “We’ve had our ups and downs together. We’ve lived through a really very long and intense heroin addiction together. We’ve survived it – we got out of it. We’re like brothers, and we have fought like brothers in the past. About four years ago, we decided no more of that dumb shit. We’re best friends, man; let’s write music together. I don’t even think we’ve had an argument for four years now.”

In the same interview he said he was looking forward to completing a new Rigor Mortis album. He was also involved in the Dusters, Blohole, Lard, the League of Blind Woman and Buck Satan and the 666 Shooters. Gibson employed him to run guitar clinics across the world.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2013 09:52 AM
louie Above The Clouds

Mr. Drummond from "Diff'rent Strokes" dead at 89
'Diff'rent Strokes' star Conrad Bain dead at 89 - Yahoo! TV
01-19-2013 12:01 AM
Dope Man .

Prop Joe R.I.P.

Robert F. Chew, who played Proposition Joe on 'The Wire,' dead at 52 - baltimoresun.com

[Image: tumblr_mgucktxXLV1qk6mq4o1_500.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_oivj3nkw851r7sijxo1_500.gif]
01-19-2013 01:04 AM
vega Vegatollah Kheomini

damn peace prop joe
01-21-2013 04:26 PM
Dope Man .

Director of Death Wish gone.

Used to think he was just that old cheery Restaurant bloke in the back pages of Sunday Times and those annoying ''Calm down dear'' commercials.

Man used to roll with the real Action Bronson.

Quote:Michael Winner dies aged 77

Michael Winner, director of the Death Wish movie series and A Chorus of Disapproval, who later found fame as a restaurant critic, has died at the age of 77

Quote:[Image: death-wish-crop_big.jpg]

Hey folks, Harry here... Just as I was about to shutdown this computer for the next 5 days, I got word that Michael Winner has died. Now, sharp eyed viewers of the first season of AINT IT COOL with Harry Knowles, might have spotted a poster from time to time called PLAY IT COOL. I love the mod sensibilities of the poster and the film was a fun musical experience - if a bit simple. This was one of the early works of Michael Winner, the director that most of us know for a slate of really badass movies in the 1970s.

You seen CHATO'S LAND? Think Rambo, with out the military background. You see Charles Bronson is Chato - and Chato killed a US Marshall and gets hunted by Jack Palance... and it is AWESOME!

Even before that, Michael directed Oliver Reed in a WWII escape from the Nazis flick... where Oiver Reed escapes with an Elephant he was taking care of... this film also features the awesome of Michael J Pollard - who you should find everything he did to enjoy.

I mention these two rarely appreciated flicks - because the films we all know Michael Winner for... are often praised. Flicks like THE MECHANIC with Bronson or the first 3 DEATH WISH films. Hell, I love his remake of THE BIG SLEEP with Robert Mitchum - and I really love its one sheet by Amsel. He did SCORPIO with Burt Lancaster and Alain Delon which is a really great spy/assassination flick.

The point being, Michael Winner understood action. How much so? He was offered THE FRENCH CONNECTION to direct along with the Dino KING KONG - it would have been fascinating to have seen what he would have done, especially on KING KONG.

To get a real flavor for the man himself, check out his quotes over at IMDB - he was a hoot.

Our thoughts go out to wife Geraldine Lynton and those that knew him. Another good one is gone.

and everyday he was hustlin', hustlin'...

Quote:Calm down dears, I'm only £9million in debt: Michael Winner is out of pocket in pursuit of luxury

Michael Winner has spent a lifetime dining in the finest establishments in the world, but he admits he is sinking further in the red

Luxury lifestyle: Michael Winner has spent a lifetime dining in the finest establishments in the world, but he admits he is sinking further into the red

It seems that even multimillionaires
can’t escape the spiralling cost of living.

Michael Winner has revealed that he is £9million in the red - all in the name of maintaining his lavish lifestyle.

The critic and film director had admitted in the past to having borrowed £6million.

But in less than 18 months, he has taken out loans worth an extra £3million
- and is now £9million in debt.

The 74-year-old said: ‘I have spent it on living. I have spent it maintaining
my lifestyle. I have an opulent lifestyle and it goes on that. It goes private on planes, restaurants, chauffeurs,
and I have quite a big staff.’

Winner insisted he was still very rich but borrowed the money because he ‘got a good rate’ and it helped finance his love of the finer things in life.

He added that he had yet to spend the full £3million, but took out the lump sum because he did not want to keep returning every time he needed a bit more cash.

Fortunately, the star shouldn’t have too much trouble paying it all back. It is estimated that he is worth in excess of £35million, and he does not have a mortgage on his seven-bedroom mansion in London’s Holland Park, which includes a gym, home cinema and swimming pool.
Guernsey, a popular offshore finance centre, where Winner says he has millions of pounds stashed away

Playground of the rich: Guernsey, a popular offshore finance centre, where Winner says he has millions of pounds stashed away

He owns classic cars including a Bentley and a Rolls Royce, and regularly rents an £8.5million helicopter for travel across the UK.

Winner is also famed for his love of luxury hotels – including La Reserve de Beaulieu in the South of France, which costs £300 a night.

Two years ago, he even threw a lavish engagement party at the Ritz Hotel in London, complete with string orchestra, for his fiancée GeraldineLynton-Edwards and more than 100 guests.

During an interview on BBC1’s This Week, he said: ‘It is better to be comfortable. It is better to be unhappy in comfort.

‘You have to be rich to be £9million in debt - you have to have an enormous amount to pay it back.’

And when he revealed his initial debts of £6million in 2008, he admitted: ‘In truth, I wish I’d borrowed more, earlier and lived a life of even greater luxury.

‘If you spend money and as a result have a nicer day, you’re ahead of the game. You won that day.’
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 04:52 PM by Dope Man.)
02-09-2013 01:15 AM
vega Vegatollah Kheomini

RIP Donald Byrd

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Blaze Red Dead Redemption 2 Dope Man 8 3,333 09-09-2018 07:26 PM
Last Post: Dope Man
Mma-box The MMA Thread vega 831 103,137 03-17-2017 06:49 PM
  Graff thread vega 41 10,230 05-20-2016 02:57 AM
Last Post: Mr Un
  Nintendo Thread vega 21 6,593 04-08-2015 03:33 PM
Last Post: LameDuck
  [NSFW] Animated .GIF Thread - (NSFW) Iceberg Slim 354 23,817 02-19-2015 12:41 PM