Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
DJ Shadow kicked off the decks in Miami
12-17-2012 03:56 AM
vega Vegatollah Kheomini

DJ Shadow kicked off the decks in Miami

Quote:In the same year that New York house head Dennis Ferrer got the tap on the shoulder at Miami club Mansion to cut his set short, it’s happened again, this time to DJ Shadow. The celebrated beatmaker and turntablist was at Mansion for an ‘All Basses Covered’ DJ set on Saturday 15 December, but his selections didn’t pass muster (reportedly after only 20 minutes of playing). A fan filmed the exchange and Shadow’s announcement to the crowd, followed by some unhappy reactions from the dancefloor (see below). “I don’t care if I get kicked out of every rich kid club on the planet,” Shadow wrote on his Twitter after the incident. “I will never sacrifice my integrity as a DJ…ever.”

The news swiftly follows Tommie Sunshine’s run-in with New York club W.i.P last weekend. Asked to cut his set short for “playing too hard”, he spoke to Vibe about the increasingly-common occurrence. “Everyone is now an expert of this music, especially the ones who pay BIG $ to consume it,” he wrote. “Not to mention the clowns who supposedly ‘run’ clubs. Basically their
priority is their ‘clients’ who spend money in bottle service & what they say dictates the music direction.”

DJ Shadow has been taking the ‘All Basses Covered’ DJ concept around the U.S. in recent weeks, hitting New York, Atlanta, New Orleans, Boston, Detroit and more. Predictably, Mansion’s Facebook page is attracting a volley of angry posts from Shadow fans. This Friday 21 December, the club is set to host another turntable pro, DJ Craze, himself a Miami local. Hit ‘Full Screen’ on the video embed below to expand it.

[Image: 2_23_02_14_6_10_46.jpeg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2012 07:17 AM
Shamalam Badministrator

RE: DJ Shadow kicked off the decks in Miami
wow...Billsmugazz

no worries
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2012 11:23 PM
bbomber Shogun

That is the iTunes generation for you, the only club DJ they respect is their own top 40 itunes playlist. Look I hated clubs forever for basically this same reason for like 20 years, too much commercial bullshit that I literally could not believe that people just consumed and actually liked. The commercialization of music is just completely insane these days. I feel like John Spartan in Demolition Man watching his partners consume corny commercial jingles on the radio. Anyways fuck the clubs.

Where you are in life is exactly where you want to be
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2012 02:42 PM
fiend Administrator

vinyl->eye socket= .

[Image: jGjdaYc.gif]
12-18-2012 11:23 PM
Mr Un Kiss The Ring Bitch

(12-17-2012 11:23 PM)bbomber Wrote:  That is the iTunes generation for you, the only club DJ they respect is their own top 40 itunes playlist. Look I hated clubs forever for basically this same reason for like 20 years, too much commercial bullshit that I literally could not believe that people just consumed and actually liked. The commercialization of music is just completely insane these days. I feel like John Spartan in Demolition Man watching his partners consume corny commercial jingles on the radio. Anyways fuck the clubs.

haha right on! that demolition man comparison you made is perfect ha.

http://www.myspace.com/unknownsoulga

Knowledge is regarded by the fool as ignorance,
and the things that are profitable are to him hurtful.
He liveth in death.

[Image: MRUNKNOWNsig-1.jpg]
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2012 05:58 PM
vega Vegatollah Kheomini

and here's the set that Shadow got the boot while playing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  44th Anniversary of the Birth of Hip Hop (Mix on google decks) Dope Man 0 754 08-11-2017 11:41 AM
Last Post: Dope Man